Discover more from Salafy Ink Publications
The Evils Of The Tongue
On Sufyān bin 'Abdillah Ath-Thaqafī رضي الله عنه he said: “I said: O Messenger of Allāh what do you fear the most for me?” He (ﷺ) took hold of his tongue and said, "This."
(At-Tirmidhī #2410/Ibn Mājah #3972 Authenticated by Shaykh Al-Albānī رحمه الله)
Points of benefit:
1. The warning against the evils of the tongue.
2. The Prophet (ﷺ) feared the evils of the tongue the most for a companion from the companions so how much more so for us?!
3. The importance of using the tongue for that which pleases Allāh.
4. The importance of returning back to the people of knowledge in order to get religious directions.
5. The Manhaj of asking about that which is a harm and/or that which is feared in order to stay away from it.
6. Teaching by way of physical demonstration in order to stress the point of benefit and concern.
7. Mentioning the benefit from one's interaction with a Scholar and/or one's question and answer from the Scholar so that others benefit from the answer.
8. Virtues of the Sahaabah رضي الله عنهم being that they are the ones who have conveyed to us the religion after the death of the Prophet (ﷺ).
9. The respect and honor of the Sahaabah رضي الله عنهم had for the Prophet (ﷺ) as they addressed him as being the Messenger of Allāh.
10. The Sunnah of the Prophet (ﷺ) is all inclusive, as this narration deals with observing the proper etiquette of the tongue.
By Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
🎥 YouTube: https://youtube.com/@SalafyInk
📸 Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/salafy_ink/
⌨️ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/salafyink
💻 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SalafyInk/
📷 Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/SalafyInk/
📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org